Can invisalign work for you?
Invisalign clear aligners have become quite popular due to its high success rate and positive reviews and recommendations. Even with the clear aligner for teenagers, people everywhere have adopted this unique product. Unfortunately, not everyone can use Invisalign to correct their teeth problems. It is highly relevant to consult your Invisalign provider to determine whether or not Invisalign will work for you.
There are criteria as to whether you are suitable for Invisalign clear aligner or not. These criteria help to identify your particular problem, how serious it is, and how long you will have to wear the aligners. They include;
1. The problem you want to fix and its severity
This is perhaps the major reason why people decide to use braces or aligners. A good number of problems include
- Gapped teeth: Extra spaces between teeth in the mouth
- Crowded teeth: Insufficient room in your jaw to accommodate your teeth adequately. Some teeth might end up appearing behind or in front of the other.
- Overbite: This occurswhen the teeth in the upper jaw completely overlap the teeth in the lower jaw.
- Underbite: This occurs when the teeth in the lower jaw protrude and cover the teeth in the upper jaw, especially the two front teeth. This is usually a result of undergrowth and overgrowth of the upper jaw and lower jaw, respectively.
- Crossbites: This is when the upper jaw and lower jaw are not aligned.
Provided it is not so severe, Invisalign aligners can be used. Otherwise, you might be advised to use metal braces or other clear braces
While adults and older teens will enjoy the services of Invisalign clear aligners, younger teens may not. Invisalign works perfectly for adults and older teens because their teeth have stopped growing, or they have achieved permanent teeth. Meanwhile, younger teens still have their teeth growing. This makes them unsuitable candidates for Invisalign clear aligners.
Also, Invisalign clear aligners are much better options for adults and older teens because it is almost invisible to see. This erases the feeling of self-consciousness that might arise with wearing metal braces, thereby making adults comfortable wearing them for the required 22 hours daily.
3. Dedication to treatment
It is required of you to wear your Invisalign clear aligner for 22 hours daily, taking it off only when you are about to eat or drink, with the exception of water. This means you have to wear it at all times, even during sleep.
If you want Invisalign to work perfectly for you, you must be willing to wear it for 22 hours daily. And once treatment has been completed, a retainer is worn to maintain the treatment. It is very common for patients to neglect their retainers, causing the teeth to shift back to its position before treatment. The important thing is the dedication of the patient to the treatment, or it won’t work.
4. Assessment test
To determine if Invisalign clear aligner will work for you, you would have to try a free smile assessment test. It can be done online, but only a trained professional can make a final assessment to decide if Invisalign clear aligners will work for you.